28ga shotguns...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised on a 28 gauge. My dad bought me a single shot 20 gauge. I shot it once and threw it down and went inside the house. I had a bruise for about a week. I told my grandpa who was huge into trap and he gave me a sxs 28 gauge. I was a stone cold dove/duck/crow killer with that little gun. My grandpa left me a Browning Citori O/U in 28 gauge when he passed.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you have deep pockets, you need to reload for the 28, and to get varied loads, you still need to. I have years of experience in this. PM me if you want to discuss loading for the 28. I have some components left (got interested more in hardball shooting and currently-sob!-don't own a 28).

For loading 28, the MEC Grabber is the best way to go. Pretty fast, total control, and lots of factory support if you need it. CB

I would like the components criticalbass. PM is still broken so I sent you an email. I am just getting started with 28 GA and would like to start loading for it for the reasons you give.

Which hulls are best in 28 Ga? I have read that the Win AA HS hulls are better than the Remington.

Latest posts

Top Bottom