2nd Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing any action take place yet on the second rut? It has been slow round my neck of the woods, but last night I did see a shooter running across an open meadow with his nose to the ground, oblivious to everything. Just wondering if it is time for the smaller, second round to start taking place.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed a new rub next to one of my food plots this weekend. It wasn't just a "playing" rub either, it was sure enough a true "getting after it" rub. I'm not sure if it is conected with the second rut or just a frustrated deer. I've been wondering about that since this I found it.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed a new rub next to one of my food plots this weekend. It wasn't just a "playing" rub either, it was sure enough a true "getting after it" rub. I'm not sure if it is conected with the second rut or just a frustrated deer. I've been wondering about that since this I found it.

i found a new rub on my property too. Not sure if it was from end of november, or from this week though. it looked fresh.

However around east norman, i have seen lots of deer movement, mostly does but better than what i was seeing last week and the week before. I was only seeing stuff move in the middle of the night.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a scrape that is still being visited by one of my stands. When filling feeders on Sunday, I saw two bucks, both in wheat fields with does, so I'm thinking its getting real close.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a buck cross the road chasing a Doe hard today. He only had one side of a nice rack. I have NEVER seen any activity during the 2nd rut. But after searching for a hit doe ran across a huge scrape yesterday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom