3/27/2011 USSA Rifle match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was my first match, I used Iron sights, had a blast, can't wait until next month.

You just gotta come out and try it you will probly suck your first time, but like anything else with a little practice youll be competeing.

DogmaDog

Marksman
Reaction score
What type of optics, if any, do most people use for this kind of match?

There are several divisions. You can shoot rimfire or centerfire, and in each of those, iron sights (which includes non-magnified optics), or optics (magnified), or "open" (which typically includes both).

Everyone on my squad had AR15s. Someone on the other squad shot an AR10 (I heard). .22s were Nordic AR22s.

You could shoot whatever, though.

Those clays were soooo not at 50...more like 100! And the close ones were scarcely larger than nickels.

Bring a rifle. Shoot it. Have fun!
DD

DogmaDog

Marksman
Reaction score
Ryann,

Thanks much for the awesome match! I had fun, and learned one or two things.

By the way, every stage on your score sheet is labeled "Stage 1"

Also, is there somewhere I can find an explanation of the scoring? I had one stage (Stage 2, probably, but its labeled "Stage 1") with 6 penalties that added 26 seconds, which suggests each penalty costs 4 1/3 seconds. Sounds kinda implausible. So what's the breakdown?

Thanks much,

DD

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one stage (Stage 2, probably, but its labeled "Stage 1") with 6 penalties that added 26 seconds, which suggests each penalty costs 4 1/3 seconds. Sounds kinda implausible. So what's the breakdown?

I see the stage tabs named correctly from the BoomerShooter.com results.

Alphas are minus .25 seconds each. Penalties are +5, so (5 * 6) - 4 = 26 seconds.

Thanks for a great match, Josh and Ryan. Definitely the most challenging stages you have designed yet. It's getting better every time.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone on my squad had AR15s. Someone on the other squad shot an AR10 (I heard). .22s were Nordic AR22s.

DD

I was the one with the AR10(actually a DPMS LR-308) it made it a little more challenging, but I didnt plan on winning or even really competing in my first match, just out there for fun and there was lots to be had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom