3 Gun Nation Cancelled by NBC Sports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How could they retro act the # of firearms owned? How would they know how many were inherited, gifted, bought used etc?
I figure this will be where Obamacare comes in. Guns are a health hazard. "In the mind of the left." You will have to tell them what guns you have. Thata is why Obama hired all of the IRS people.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Funny you mention that gun are labled a health hazard. Not too long ago on the military's annual computerized health assesment, it asked if you owned any guns and kept them in your household. If you answered yes, it pinged you as to needing closer mental health monitoring and that you also needed to have safety training for those guns in your house. It's since been removed.

My opinion of the next version of the AWB, is that the initial writing will have some very strict and serious pieces to it, then those pieces can be traded off by the Dem's and a milder version can be passed in a spirit of compromise with the Repub's. We'll drop the retroactive #of guns owned per person but keep the flash hider portion in the ban, we both win!!!! sez the Lib's.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully the media will have their usual focus level of a few minutes and then we'll be back to their same BS about the Kardashians, etc...

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure this will be where Obamacare comes in. Guns are a health hazard. "In the mind of the left." You will have to tell them what guns you have. Thata is why Obama hired all of the IRS people.

Understood, but again, how will they know how many I have? What if they were all in a boating accident? Plus it doesnt even fall in the top 15 causes of death in OK or most states, excpet the extreme left ones.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I cant find that anywhere on the .gov website but I did see in a news article that swinestein wanted the bill to be retroactive. Good thing I threw all of mine in the river today.

Good for you on throwing yours in the river, it'll save you the heartache of turning them in like the rest of us "law-abiding citizens" will no doubtfully do. And it goes for the rest of you who have "lost" theirs in a boating accident. Just remember, if you ever find them it'll be best to leave them there because if you get caught with them, you be facing sure jail time if our beloved government has their way. Good luck.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama has never been anti-gun. No president is going to take on the second amendment head on. These knee-jerk reactions are mainly the cause of the media blowing things out of proportion. That's not so say government won't do anything...they have to bow to public outcry and placate the people as much as possible without totally alienating the other side. Companies like Cheaper Than Dirt suspending online gun sales are protecting their butts short-term but they depend on the American gun culture to survive so they aren't going to hose the gun public long term.

What happened in Sandy Hook was about as horrible as can be imagined but it was not brought about by guns. It was brought about by a mentally ill man who should have been identified and cared for before this ever happened. You always hear people who knew the offender say stuff like "he seemed nice" or "he was quiet" or "I never thought he'd do anything like that" but if you ask them in private you'll hear them say stuff like "I knew he wasn't right" or "that guy always gave me the willy's" but nobody wants to get involved. The death of those poor children and adults falls squarely on the people in that community that did nothing to stop it. It takes a little strength to stand up and say "hey, I think somebody should check this person out" but nobody wants to get involved so every time something like this happens the easy out is to blame guns. In their hearts they all know they are responsible but they focus their rage against the easy target instead of taking on the guilt and shame of their own failures.

The second amendment will stand. It's simply too strong not to. What we must do is fight those who try to chip away at it while demanding that we, as a nation, take responsibility for our own failures to protect our own people. Imagine a nation unarmed of firearms...another mentally ill man decides to murder a mass of people but has no access to firearms. Does he decide not to do it? No, he uses a machete or a pipe bomb or drive their car through a crowd of people. Will we ban machetes, pipe or cars? Until we stop the people at the heart of these incidents they will never stop. Take responsibility and when you see someone that gives you the willy's or writes ominous things on their Twitter or Facebook or otherwise act in a manner that strikes as odd take responsibility and notify someone. Nobody wants to be in that position, it's uncomfortable and goes against our want to maintain privacy but we have to change. The fact that our 2A rights under attack is a perfect example of what happens when we don't.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Roger Ebert actually has put it the best, by blaming the current media with their over-coverage of this.

Does this killing deserve notice? You bet your ass it does.

Does it deserve every freaking media outlet leading their newscasts with custom graphics and catch names for it? No.

This really all got incredibly bad about the time the Murrah Building bombing happened. At least as far as I can remember. CNN spent three full days on it. The only reason I didn't complain then is because of it, they weren't covering the OJ trials every stinking day.

And now I've read where Discovery is dropping Nugent's show also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom