300K without water....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems brilliant to allow that much chemical storage right on the river just above a drinking water intake. Brilliant I tell you.

I am waiting on the greenies to blame it on hydraulic fracking.

Last edited:

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Katadyn all the way. If its good enough to be used by missionaries and International relief organizations
all over the world and in places like Africa and South American jungles, it's good enough for me.

Now one should always have several different options to choose from. Katadyn for packing and Berkey
for in home counter top use.

Here a good review of he Katadyn Pocket Filter if you care to look. http://offgridsurvival.com/katadynpocketmicrofilterreview/

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got three small ponds in my neighborhood that I could tap once my 100 stored gallons run out. After that, I'm making trips to Guthrie Lake.

im just curious because we also have neighborhood ponds, do you think they are contaminated with chemicals from lawns etc? and if so would a filter take care of those?

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im just curious because we also have neighborhood ponds, do you think they are contaminated with chemicals from lawns etc? and if so would a filter take care of those?

I'm sure that it's pretty crummy water. I've got a pretty good water filter setup, so hopefully it would fix it. Anything I'd get from a pond or lake would be filtered and then boiled before drinking.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To take care of chemicals you need to use some sort of charcoal filtered filter that traps and absorbs
different chemical compounds.

One needs filtration that will remove chemical and biological contaminants from their water. Boiling water
doesn't remove chemicals but will kill deadly micro-organisms.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems brilliant to allow that much chemical storage right on the river just above a drinking water intake. Brilliant I tell you.

I am waiting on the greenies to blame it on hydraulic fracking.

As I understand it this chemical is used to comply with the EPA mandate of removing sulphur from coal. The greentards own this one...

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To take care of chemicals you need to use some sort of charcoal filtered filter that traps and absorbs

One needs filtration that will remove chemical and biological contaminants from their water. Boiling water

Hmmmm. My large volume filter system doesn't have charcoal. I need to look into this.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is something that is difficult to discern from a lot of information out there for beginners. I know folks who SWEAR that all they have to do is purify OR filter ... that they don't have to do both ... :scratch: I keep telling them that just because it looks clean doesn't mean it is clean but they aren't listening ... I sure hope they don't catch anything that'll do much worse than give them a few days' runs ... :nolike: Some lessons are hard to learn ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom