.308 funny!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9" drop at 1,000 yards in a .308 Win? I want a piece of his super-secret gravity modifying bullets! It is truly wonderful to alter laws of physics. We'll just shake our heads and go on after this one.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've had some very interesting question and answer sessions in there with people and even the clerks behind the gun counter. I went looking for some .38 S&W ammo, and they kept taking me to the .38 special stuff. Not only the counter guy but two other guys standing there, argue'd they were one in the same.

Well, they both have the number 38, that makes them the same. Uneducated working there. If you sell guns you should know this, or, just say I don't know but I'll ask to see if someone really knows. Break out a book and look.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
will 50g of varget even fit in a 308 case? Wonder what kind of MV he was getting.. 3200fps? You did not ask him to call you next time he goes to the range so you can make sure not to be there.:bigeye:

Dustin

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a guy who used to be on gunboards a lot. Can't remember his name, but he was infamous for posting loads up to the kaboom stage in an effort (I think) to get others to try overboosting loads.

Haven't seen anything from him in a long time, and suspect he is either dead, disabled, or widely banned.

This .308 load is plumb nuts. CB

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well say what you guys wish... I do have a load that will EASILY maintain supersonic flight a 1000yds with a 190gr SMK out of My .308...ahhh .308 Norma Mag that is....:laughup: I do think it drops a bit more than 9" though.:flybuzz:

Latest posts

Top Bottom