.308 funny!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy tell me that he could build a load that will maintain super sonic speeds at 1000 yards that will group less than an inch and only have 9inches of drop. lol lol lol... His miracle load; 50gr varget behind a 150gr sst. 48gr of varget is compressed and runs 58,300 for pressure. I smiled, shook my head, and said good luck.. Oh, the best part... His gun is a 24" ruger. Hope he dont hurt anbody or himself..:laugh6:

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a ten minute conversation at bass pro in the reloading isle. I was going to call him out but I didnt want to argue with a spiked haired middle aged metro that clearly was clueless. I should have picked up the hornady book and put it in his cart, " here ya go, there is some real loads in this book"

Kid Colt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
9 inches of drop at 1000yds huh. Wow.. I'm impressed.

I'd have told him that if he can even TEST his 1" group at 1000 yards from full benchrest or whatever way he can other than theoretical models then he's already set a new world record.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was a ten minute conversation at bass pro in the reloading isle. "

You know, I've had some very interesting question and answer sessions in there with people and even the clerks behind the gun counter. I went looking for some .38 S&W ammo, and they kept taking me to the .38 special stuff. Not only the counter guy but two other guys standing there, argue'd they were one in the same.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've had some very interesting question and answer sessions in there with people and even the clerks behind the gun counter. I went looking for some .38 S&W ammo, and they kept taking me to the .38 special stuff. Not only the counter guy but two other guys standing there, argue'd they were one in the same.

"Well, my Smith & Wesson shoots .38 Specials....?"

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What do you expect for minimum wage?
Wait, I make less than min wage.:doh:

Latest posts

Top Bottom