.357 Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you are looking for practice ammo, Tommy over at Sooner State Pawn had some reloaded FMJ ammo for $17 a box.

It's funny you posted this.

I was just thinking of starting a thread on the .357 Sig popularity here on OSA.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load and shoot lots of 357 sig. I found that some of the 357 mag 110 and 125 grain bullets work well for me. The thousandth of an inch oversize hasn't been a problem for me. Lots of bullets don't have the proper ogive for the short neck in the 357 sig. I also use a Lee taper crimp die exclusively on that cartridge. Oh and I like titegroup pretty well in that, but have also had some good loads with aa#9 as well. Blitzfike

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theoretically the 357 sig headspaces on the case mouth. I have formed 357 sig brass by running 40sw into the full length sizing die. The converted 40's are s few thousandths shorter, but seem to headspace on the shoulder just fine. (I checked for chamber fit before continuing, but you might have to adjust your die out in some cases. ) I have reloaded some of them up to 6 times without a failure. The shorter neck does present a problem with crimping some bullet styles. The problem with crimping the bullet is what made me look at some of the 357 mag bullets. I tried some with reduced loads and had no problems, so I went to standard load data and they work fine. I have never trimmed any of my 357 sig brass and some of it has been loaded 8 times. I love the performance and accuracy of the 357 sig. I also have a 400 Cor-Bon conversion for one of my 1911's, that is a 45 necked down to 40. Gives really close performance to a 10mm mag, but since I also shoot 10mm, I seldom bring out the 400 conversion. Blitzfike

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
no need to form cases from .40, several sellers on gunbroker sell once fired brass by the thousand for $20-$30 shipped. Also, while I don't know if it's true or not, I have heard from multiple sources that the case wall is thicker on factory 357sig than on brass formed from .40.