.380 brass and bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW.... I am there. Thanks sir.

Just make sure to use a powder appropriate for cast bullets. Unique and W231/HP38 are good. Titegroup (burns very hot) is bad for cast bullets; yet, it is my normal powder for 9mm 124gr FMJ bullets. I ordered a box of the 380 cast bullets several years ago, but have not loaded any. Please post results with the 95gr cast bullets. I've reloaded some FMJ 380 loads in the past (using hp38 powder) and they worked just fine. PM if you need help working up a 380 load.

I'll put this out there for any Dillon 550 owners: The powder funnel from the 9mm conversion kit and the shellpate/buttons from the 223 conversion kit are all that is needed to convert the Dillon 550 for loading 380. You still need 380 dies, of course.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch had some 380 brass at the wannamacher show today. You might give him a call and see if he still has it. I'm in the Tuttle/bridgecreek area and will be going to his shop early next week. If you need me to pick some up, I can meet you pretty easily.. Blitzfike. If that is of interest, PM me with contact phone number if you don't still have mine from a while back.. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom