.40 SW cost/round reloaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about getting into reloading to be able to shoot more. For the handloaders what have you been able to get your cost/round down to? Also what type of components ie fmj, etc...

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my cost on the last 1000 rounds of .45 acp I loaded last week.

List of components:

brass, range pickups, free
200 gr swc, from J&K, Christmas present, free
primers, also a present, free
powder, Bullseye bought at H&H, 25.00

I used 4 grs per round which is just a little over half a pound. lets say 15 dollars worth.
About 4 hours time, free.

So,,, you can get 1000 rounds of .45 acp for 15.00 by reloading. YMMV

Edit: My wife bought the bullets at J&K.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy components, powder, and primers in bulk, you can "save" some money. The truth is, you really don't "save" any money. You will spend more, but you will shoot a LOT more too!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have Microsoft excel or open office, I'll be glad to email you the spreadsheet I use to track loading costs. Shoot me your email address in a pm and I'll send it to you. Blitzfike

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Buying powder 8lbs at a time, using wolf primers, and lead J&K bullets, I am loading 40 s&w for around $ .11 per round. But that's not counting the brass cost which varies depending on where it comes from.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reloading 9mm and have my cost right at .12 per round. So I can load 1000 for 120 bucks. Save about 45%. 9mm is the low end of savings. On 40 and 45 you should save anywhere from 60-70%. range pickups, powder in bulk, primers at a good price point, I buy the FMJ for about $79/1k for 9mm. Higher than lead cast stuff, but i like running them. Defensive rounds jump up to about a 75% savings for 9mm.

Like said in here, you will save money, but you will spend the same or more money.

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying powder 8lbs at a time, using wolf primers, and lead J&K bullets, I am loading 40 s&w for around $ .11 per round. But that's not counting the brass cost which varies depending on where it comes from.
What is it when you include the amortized cost of the loading equipment?

Latest posts

Top Bottom