45 Gap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not real familiar to the GAP, but know that its not as powerful. What turns you on to it if I may ask?

Edit* I don't think the ammo is as available as the .45acp. So that would be a down side.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Glock Model 37 and waiting on the 4th generation 37 to come out. You get .45 size bullets and ballistics with a Glock 17 size frame.

I shoot mine every month at the IPSC match at Tri-City Gun Club. Accurate and has no problem knocking the steel plates down.

The brass is the same length as 9mm. I usually load mine with 200 grain bullets. You can use ACP dies to load the GAP. All you have to do is adjust them. One of the bigger differences is that they use a small pistol primer.

The GAP is growing in popularity. At least six police agencies on the east coast have gone to the GAP for a duty weapon. The most recent is the Florida Highway Patrol.

For more information and discussion about the GAP, you can look here at the GlockTalk website.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ilike the idea of ballistics close to the 45acp with 200 grain bullets. Price of the Glocks in gap but not sure I am bettering myself since I have the 40 cal. Jim

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the 200 grain bullets because there are numerous loadings for both the GAP and the ACP. I have both. That way I can use the same weight bullet for either.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I do like the idea of a 45 in the small frame Glock. I think I will start looking for a glock 38 or 39. Jim

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've often thought of going with one. If nothing else, just because the round and gun was more or less invented by Glock.

Kinda like a Smith & Wesson 4006. IMO, that's one of the very best bottom feeders out there. Again, the round and gun were basically created by our good friends at Smith & Wesson. :)

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks closing them out I think. Buds gun shop has OD frame ones on closeout for $379.95
about half way down on their homepage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom