.50 AE (Desert Eagle)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone every shot a .50 Action Express Pistol (Any). I would think this is major overkill in caliber for a pistol, but love the Eagles.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express for rent at Medlock's if you want to try one.
It's a hand cannon for sure.
When it goes off any dust and dirt on the floor heads downrange and any hanging targets get moved by the pressure wave.
I wish I had purchased a Tromix AR in that caliber when they were available.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express for rent at Medlock's if you want to try one.
It's a hand cannon for sure.
When it goes off any dust and dirt on the floor heads downrange and any hanging targets get moved by the pressure wave.
I wish I had purchased a Tromix AR in that caliber when they were available.

Yea..I read something that said they are great for Personal Defense...Against Bears. Still I'd like to shoot one, and may...Thanks.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy let me shoot his at the range not too long ago. Not exactly a ***** cat but the gun is so heavy that recoil was managable. I am not familiar with what loads are available though,

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea; I have one. I used to have a 44 Mag. barrel for it. As heavy as it was, 44 Mag. loads were no worse and even a bit lighter on recoil than 44 Special loads.

Shooting 50AE loads does up the recoil quite a bit but it's not painful. The gun is big and heavy so isn't ideal for concealment and even for bear I think you would be happier with carrying a big bore revolver in 454 Casull or the like. It's fun to shoot but really a novelty item that isn't very practical.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak for the fifty, but the 44 I owned about fifteen years ago was scary accurate. It was a blue/stainless model and hoot to shoot. It came with a list of recommended factory loads to use. The list was spot on. Sold it because it was to heavy to tote around in the woods.

mercman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 50 and It's not that bad. I think the weight and it being auto help alot. I have 44 also and I like to shoot both of them. Don't hit nothing like my 500 S&W.

Latest posts

Top Bottom