.50 AE (Desert Eagle)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonertodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have had one for 15 years,great gun.i also had one in .44 mag,both are extremely accurate and reliable. it is an event shooting indoors.after a shooting session the floor in front of you is perfectly clean in a semi circle,if you rapid fire it just right it will rip the targets off the hanger.massive flame,a nice ring of fire you can see sometimes.recoil is not bad.it is kinda hard to be accurate after the first few shots,its like a grenade going off in front of you.everytime i shot them at h&h my buddy said all the glass panes would rattle real bad,they would ***** at him wanting to know if i was shooting hoit reloads lol its a gun i will always have,love it.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard horror stories about reliability, have you guys had any trouble?

It's very sensitive to limp wristing. If you hold it firmly, it's very reliable.

As for loads, you don't use light loads, low volume powders or light bullets for 44 Mag. loads or the pistol won't cycle properly. In fact, there were some light loads I had for a 44 Mag. revolver with which the action of the Desert Eagle didn't open at all and the recoil was about like shooting a 22 LR.

Also, to speak of any gun as being "accurate" is worthless if the range the shooting is done at isn't mentioned. I would say mine would be quite adequate for deer at 50 yards but not at 100 yards. Obviously, the closer to the target you are the more "accurate" a gun will be.

The Desert Eagle, has been used in a number of movies. It is quite impressive. As I mentioned above, I don't think it's practical but I've never been able to bring myself to sell mine.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot one in .440 Cor-Bon, which is a pretty hot cartridge. To me the DE might be a decent hunting handgun, but beyond that it's size and bulk pretty much relegate it to Hollywood movies and static range trips.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to own one for a while. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom