50 BMG Shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t know if this is or was a thing. But is there a 50 bmg shoot or get together in the Oklahoma area. I do like to shoot my 50 but I never see them at the range. Just thought it would be fun to attend one.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have one, tried to shoot it down at Fouled Bore but all I had was surplus ammo. light primer strikes because of the hard primers. I have since found out from the factory that I could only shoot Federal ammo. Got some but have not been back to try it. There is also the machine gun shoot in Wyandotte but to shoot your own weapon you need a space on the firing line and those are sold out several years in advance.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would depend on what 50 it is. A Barrett usually doesn't have that issue, but I've heard other brands may not like Mil ammo.
Really odd ammo failure. Mil spec primers aren’t that hard, I would respring any 50 rifle that wouldn’t shoot any ammo made. My 99 will shoot anything from 40’s surplus to current lake city and will shoot lights out with 750gr amax.

I would be interested in shoot as well if y’all get together. I got an m82a1 QC coming and would bring it as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom