50-year HS Reunion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drove to Seattle for my 50th High School reunion, and just got back.

There were many folks there that I remembered quite well, and many that I didn't recall too well, and others that I didn't remember at all.

My brothers and my nephew all seemed to like my 610, and I liked my one brother's Model 625, and my other brother's Ruger was a decent gun too. One of them makes holsters and he did one for my 986, and also made a couple of belt holders for my 610 moon-clips that he called Moon-Drops

We drove up through Kansas into Nebraska on into Wyoming then up to Montana, Idaho and finally into Washington and finally into Enumclaw where one of my brothers lives. Had a a couple of fantastic meals out, one at a Chinese place in the International district in downtown Seattle and the other at a place called Salty's in Redondo.

Finally back to home. Went through Oregon, where I had to disarm, on into Idaho, were the 681 went back into my belt holster, then through Utah and then back to Wyoming and Nebraska. Had a minor fender-bender in Wyoming that cost us a couple of hours delay but no one was hurt, and the other driver got a ticket. A semi was changing lanes, and a guy in a little Nissan sedan swerved to avoid him and ran right into me. Pure cosmetic damage.

I'm glad to be home.

Enjoyed reading of your big trip and visit with family. My wife just did a similar trip with a friend to visit OR because I'm not terribly interested in going there so thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons why, i.e. no reciprocity -- No Guns = No Money.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. A person can't see squat from 30,000 feet. Besides, I hate the hassle at the airports.
I know I am far more likely to die in a car but I ain’t ever flying. I like to drive and see different places. There are some beautiful places in this country. A lot of them are in our great state.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am far more likely to die in a car but I ain’t ever flying. I like to drive and see different places. There are some beautiful places in this country. A lot of them are in our great state.

That's the reason we are into the RV lifestyle now. There are some great people all over this nation and we have met some of the best.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to my 50 yr reunion in 2011....Walked into the room, looked around and thought I was in the wrong place....Told my wife "we must be in the wrong place, there's nothing but OLD people in here".

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stay way from the fat gals at the reunion. I remember one slender gal who'd get off the school bus and her legs would flash under her skirt and I would wistfully wish that I could go out with her but fast forward 40 years and she is unrecognizable-sort of like me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom