• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

6.5x55 Swedish brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yep I saw those. My loads would cost $34 and up for 20 rounds. That's more expensive than just buying loaded ammo. And my match loads aren't ready for a match until they are made on neck sized fire formed brass. I'll just buy some factory loads and use them for practice to get the brass fired formed.

I just thought I'd check what the local guys had laying around.

Thanks guys.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Have you settled on a starting load? I load mine down enough for the MB matches that i guesstimate they will go 20+ loadings. I think I bought 6 boxes of PPU to start with and just loaded from there on. Granted, your first couple matches will be full power but you’ll have your brass to start with after that. Kings gun and pawn in mid/del city usually has it on the shelf.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Have you settled on a starting load? I load mine down enough for the MB matches that i guesstimate they will go 20+ loadings. I think I bought 6 boxes of PPU to start with and just loaded from there on. Granted, your first couple matches will be full power but you’ll have your brass to start with after that. Kings gun and pawn in mid/del city usually has it on the shelf.
I use full power loads in all my mbabr rifles. I like being beat up by steel buttplates I guess. I think I got 10+ out of the last batch of brass for my M96 and I didn't anneal like I should have. I tried to resurrect them with another anneal and full length size to use in my new M38 swede but some of them cracked up on me. Even more after firing. That brass is toast. Even so, the M38 printed moa groups in the wind. It liked 123 fmj cheapo bullets better than my 140 match bullets however which was weird.

Latest posts

Top Bottom