7 TCU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in the batch of reloading items I acquired there’s a lot of stuff to load 7 TCU. Does anyone shoot/load this cartridge? What’s your opinion on it? I am considering getting into now since I have everything but the firearm.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I competed in IHMSA handgun silhouette matches for over 20 yrs. with scoped and unscoped 10" and 14" 7mmTCU Contender barrels (among others) and harvested my first handgun deer with the scoped 10" 7mmTCU barrel that I sometimes competed with using the now discontinued Sierra #7250 130 gr. Single Shot Pistol bullet....accurate round.

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I competed in IHMSA handgun silhouette matches for over 20 yrs. with scoped and unscoped 10" and 14" 7mmTCU Contender barrels (among others) and harvested my first handgun deer with the scoped 10" 7mmTCU barrel that I sometimes competed with using the now discontinued Sierra #7250 130 gr. Single Shot Pistol bullet....accurate round.
Is it offered in anything other than a contender/encore?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What Hangfire said, it's an awesome round imo. Consider it a "7mm Blackout" that was created in the late 70's. Dad had several barrels for his contenders in 7mm tcu

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What Hangfire said, it's an awesome round imo. Consider it a "7mm Blackout" that was created in the late 70's. Dad had several barrels for his contenders in 7mm tcu
Wichita Arms SS pistols
Sounds like something I need to try, glad you guys twisted my arm into it 🤣. Wichita arms is a bit hard to find, guess I’ll start looking for a contender frame. Thanks for the input gentleman!

Latest posts

Top Bottom