85 Mile Per Hour Speed Limit Seen on State Highway 130

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D

Doc Holiday

Pretty much everyone drives 80-85 on the way to Dallas, as soon as they cross the Red River and leave Oklahoma. Texas didn't build small towns with stoplights and speed traps directly on the highway like Oklahoma did.

Its kind of embarrassing for our state.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the minimum speed? There are many people that wont drive over 60-65 mph, thats 20-25 mph under max, to me thats too slow and I worry about the slow movers being the problem here.

D

Doc Holiday

What is the minimum speed? There are many people that wont drive over 60-65 mph, thats 20-25 mph under max, to me thats too slow and I worry about the slow movers being the problem here.

Have you ever driven in Dallas or Houston? Oklahoma drivers can be typically be docile and indecisive, but in Texas (and hey--I'm a life-long Sooner fan and Tulsa native), this really isn't an issue. Just sayn.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much everyone drives 80-85 on the way to Dallas, as soon as they cross the Red River and leave Oklahoma. Texas didn't build small towns with stoplights and speed traps directly on the highway like Oklahoma did.

Its kind of embarrassing for our state.

Yep. Because our highway system predates our Indian Territory and land run-settled towns.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever driven in Dallas or Houston? Oklahoma drivers can be typically be docile and indecisive, but in Texas (and hey--I'm a life-long Sooner fan and Tulsa native), this really isn't an issue. Just sayn.

Downtown Dallas in rush hour, running 90 or at a stop, one or the other, Had a blast...

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 4 days in April down by Houston shooting a bowfishing tournament. I don't think I saw a 2 lane county black top that wasn't a posted speed limit of at least 70mph. Roads that would be a 45 max here. If that 2 lane black top went through a small town it was a surprise if it dropped to 65mph. It would have been a 25mph zone here.
Don't get me wrong, I like to drive speedy usually. But I was getting nervy at times doing 70 on these winding arse roads hauling a 20' bowfishing rig, getting passed or dang near ran off the road by everyone who came by.
I don't think my heart slowed down til I got back on this side of the Red River LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom