• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

870 youth stock 20 gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkdRooster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There have been a few youth Remington sets sell on ebay lately. They seem to go fast. Unsure if you are looking for a youth size stock in synthetic or wood. Might look at cdnn sports, Houge or numrich gun parts online. Rem arms is not producing any parts for sale as of that I am aware of.
Also there are some 20 ga that are built on a 12 ga frame, so be cautious when looking at replacement parts.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Best investment you will ever make.

When son turned 9, I bought an 870 at a gun show. Good friend, who was a Gunsmith, had an old buttstock. We cut it down and added a thick recoil pad. Reamed chamber to 3". Cut barrel to 23" and added choke tubes.

Used it until he turned 14 and changed the stock. At 18, he switched to 12 ga.

My hunting buddy's son turned 9, he went to gunshow and bought an 870. Switched the stock.

Oldest grandson turned 9 and he got the 870. It was passed to the granddaughter. Then 2nd grandson. Then 3rd and last year the youngest.

The look on his face when that first dove folded was worth 100x what that 870 cost. And it is on its 7th new shooter.

The Hogue or cut down wood, do it. You won't regret it. When taking them out to start shooting, make the targets easy. Misses on tough shots do not instill confidence.

We went to skeet range, set up on low house on station 7 and shot 10. Switched to high house Station 7 and shot 10. Last 5 was surprise high or low.
All singles. Ended up with 10 of 25 and very happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom