9 year old shoots instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AND.............

If you're dead set on letting someone of limited age, experience, control and strength fire a weapon like that....

1. Have Several mags, loaded with two rounds in the first one.
4 rounds in the second, 6 rounds.....etc..etc..etc.

Sneak up on the round count. That way YOU and them get a "FEEL" For what the weapon is going to do. The gun cannot "get away" from here with just two or three rounds in the mag.

I'm pro gun as anyone. I'm FOR teaching young people how to shoot safely and how to safely handle weapons. He was setting himself and more importantly HER up for tragedy.

I understand that in todays world, you can't as a grown man, HUG around a 8 year old girl "golf lesson style" to hold YOUR hands on the weapon properly for that kind of weapon. That said...if you can't do it 100% safely, then just don't do it.

I feel so bad for that little girl......mygosh.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how the selective fire works on this gun, but does it look like he changed it from single shot on the first pull to full auto on the second? If all she had was one round of experience with this gun before he changed the mode, then yeah... This is an unfortunate, horrible situation. The loss of life and the traumatic experience the girl is going to have to live with.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think round count experience has anything to do with it. She could have fired 4 magazines in semi-auto and had it still run away from her on the first burst.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fully automatic Uzi pistols are extremely difficult to control. I was going to buy one and was warned off by a federal LEO friend. Mac-10s can be controlled if they have a suppressor. Otherwise, stay away.

Sad, but it was poor judgment on the part of both the instructor and the girl's parents. Now two families will suffer needlessly.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jackarse Chris Matthews vs. NBC vs. CBS(NBC & CBS more even handed in reporting on this tragedy)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2014/08/28/matthews-arizona-gun-range-tragedy-where-you-get-when-you-go-all-way-g
Matthews on Arizona Gun Range Tragedy: ‘This Is Where You Get When You Go All the Way With Gun Rights’
By Curtis Houck | August 28, 2014 | 01:02

1. Matthews: “This is the slippery slope, what we're watching. This is where you get when you go all the way with gun rights. All the way is what it looks like – take a look at that girl. That's a slippery slope to hell.”

2A. Jim Cavanaugh, NBC News Law Enforcement Analyst: "I don't see this as a cry for more regulation or new law, rather – some common sense. In gun ranges, people that love shooting sports, they need to tighten this up themselves."
2B. JEREMY ALCEDE: "Because kids turn into adults and if you don't train them at an early age, they're not going to respect it. They're not going to be safe around it."

3. John Blackstone, CBS Evening News: "The video of Vacca shows his hand on the girl's back, not on her shoulder, and standing on the side opposite the Uzi. There is no requirement in Arizona for gun range employees to be certified as firearms instructors and, Maurice, the National Rifle Association tells us that Charles Vacca was not an NRA-certified instructor."

Latest posts

Top Bottom