90 lbs pull magnet?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work in the disc drive industry. The tiny magnets in the rotary motors were some of the most powerful ones around. They were so powerful we had to start coating them in a E-coat to help keep them from exploding.

ETA: there were a couple times early in that career when people put one in both front pockets to keep them separated and had them slam together halfway in between on their junk. 🤣😂😆

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The tiny magnets in the rotary motors were some of the most powerful ones around.
I’m going to guess they were likely neodymium magnets. That’s what was in the permanent magnet servo motors I used to sell. Some of those darn little magnets can be kind of dangerous if not handled with some caution.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to guess they were likely neodymium magnets. That’s what was in the permanent magnet servo motors I used to sell. Some of those darn little magnets can be kind of dangerous if not handled with some caution.
I have some of those magnets in the shop. Better have the fingers out of the way before snapping one down on a metal surface.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work in the disc drive industry. The tiny magnets in the rotary motors were some of the most powerful ones around. They were so powerful we had to start coating them in a E-coat to help keep them from exploding.

🤣😂😆
I have some out of the olden thick disk drives. nailed them on the wall of my shop building and hang stuff off of them. Pretty strong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom