92 yr old man kills intruder with .22 rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[h=1]
Considering how much had been stolen recently from this old gentleman... he showed a calm rational response to another robbery... as long as the robber stayed in the basement.. that was one thing.. but if he came into the house.. that was gonna be another thing all together! Just sat & waited for him to come up the stairs.

------------------------

92-year-old kills home intruder-[/h][h=2]Elderly Kentucky man takes matters into his own hands in attempted burglary[/h]News video-
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1822678618001/

Edit: I just noticed that OkieMoe had a thread about this story under 'General" topics. I didn't see it or I wouldn't have posted this one. Expected to see it under 'self defense'.

Last edited:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or you have the ability to dump 25 of them at someone.

Yep! 25 CCI Stingers @ 1,640 FPS will penetrate about 10" in a gelatin block, more than enough penetration to hit the lungs and major organs. I've got a M&P 15-22 with a flashlight, laser & holographic sight mounted on it... next to the bed. I've got a choice of grabbing it or a 12 ga pump.

I was at a strip joint once where a guy was shot in the side with a single .22LR fired from a rifle. The bullet only made a small dark purple hole about this size "O". It didn't bleed a 1/4 of a teaspoon of blood... but the kids lung collapsed and he died in the parking lot as the ambulance crew worked to stabalize him. I was told later by club personnel that his heart had been hit too. So .22's can & do kill people. They certainly aren't the best choice for self defense... but with shot placement, they can get the job done... especially if you can get 25 of them off on target! :)

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How the hell did someone get a rifle into a strip joint!

Some drunk was kicked out of the club.. as he was leaving the parking lot... he started spraying the lot with rifle fire out of his passenger window. The kid was walking across the lot with a couple of his friends, on his way to celebrate his first drink having turned 21-- it was his birthday. He didn't walk 10 feet after being shot when he collapsed.

The club manager had a permit for a weapon and started busting off shots at the car using his 44 mag. Police arrested him and buried him under the jail.. because I-20 and hundreds of businesses and 1,000's of people had been on the other side down range of the vehicle-- not a good backdrop for shooting. Also, it was rush hour in Grand Prairie, TX. The club manager was facing 10-20 yrs for reckless endangerment and a host of other charges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom