A rather strange and disturbing discovery...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may or may not know, I'm a campus police officer at Seminole State College. Part of my duties there is to patrol the grounds on foot and lock all the doors of all the buildings.

Last night I was securing the gym and was looking at some of the pictures on the wall of past baseball and softball teams...their players and such.

Well, I saw a picture of a young lady named Elizabeth Maddox. Lizzo (as her team mates affectionately called her) was tragically killed in a car accident north of Seminole near her hometown of Prague back in 2008.

In rememberance, her team mates carried her SSC softball game jersey, number 15, with them to each and every game and hung it on the fence by the dugout with her number 15 and "Maddox" across the shoulders for the fans to see. They obviously missed her very much.

So as I am looking at this girl's pictures as well as a picture of her jesey flowing in the breeze in another photo, I realized that back in 1980, the baseball team lost a member as well. This young man sadly died of Lukemia. They have a plaque as well as his jersey, spikes and glove on display in the gym as well.

His name...

Randy Mattox.

His jersey number...

Freaky? :yikes2:

Last edited:

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Strange how things happen like that.
We had a guy at work that ran off the road, rolled his truck and died.
He was working about 3 jobs, 2 of them 5 days a week. He supposedly fell asleep on the way home and rolled his truck.
Come to find out his brother had died in almost the same way and location several years earlier. Sad.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really spooky!
Kind of like the singer Otis Redding, that sang, sitting on the dock of the bay. The plane crash he was killed in, was about 100 yds from the very dock he was singing about, from what I've read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom