A thank you thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you have to go thru this. So much of what is happening to our country never makes our news.
But I forgot just how close Virginia is to DC. And there are many that work in DC but live in Virginia.
I do know of a relative who has a 3 year old and is getting out of DC in a move to Buffalo for better schools
and such.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Born in Louisiana, raised in Denver, came of age in Ponca City, OK. Left home to live in small town Texas, Corpus, Houston, Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Billings, and Cheyenne.

Currently in Lawton for a record longest period of my life, ten years, and it's like every other town or city in America. People complain there isn't much to do, but the only limitations on a person's entertainment is willingness to try new stuff. I tell my angsty nephews all the time, only boring people are bored.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Born in Louisiana, raised in Denver, came of age in Ponca City, OK. Left home to live in small town Texas, Corpus, Houston, Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Billings, and Cheyenne.

Currently in Lawton for a record longest period of my life, ten years, and it's like every other town or city in America. People complain there isn't much to do, but the only limitations on a person's entertainment is willingness to try new stuff. I tell my angsty nephews all the time, only boring people are bored.
When were you in Ponca?

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved to Oklahoma about 18 months ago. While Lawton itself leaves much to be desired, the people of Oklahoma have made me feel welcome big time. Some of the humblest, kindest folks I've met. I've even been called an Okie a couple times.😍

Leaving Virginia was not easy, my mom's side of the family got off the boat east of Richmond in 1640. It's a beautiful state, formerly known as 'The Gun State' (thats another story). When a liberal governor tried to ban AR's 100 out of 106 counties declared themselves second 'amendment sanctuary counties'. The sheriff of Culpepper County said he would deputize every man in the county. Blue Ridge mountains, Atlantic Ocean beaches, my alma mater, The University of Virginia, declared by the American Association or Architects as the #1 example of original American architecture. My town, Charlottesville, was called the most beautiful small college town n America. Sadly the liberals swarmed south and last election C'ville voted 95% blue. 95 ****ing percent. I saw the writing on the wall, and tough as it was got out before it all hits the fan.

It wasnt easy, and I'm looking to relocate from Lawton, but as nice as Virginia is,

I'd SOONER be in Oklahoma.

I dont know if we have a saying like Hookem Horns (They be ok as long as they stay south of the Red) but lets win us a national championship this year.

Thanks Oklahoma.
Jan 16 of this year was my 3 year anniversary I'm 1/3 of the way to my tenure. Lol. Mid February to mid March are pretty much the only part I really don't like about it. Talk about a bipolar, chemically imbalanced weather pattern. Lol. Welcome to my also adopted home state

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is one of the most diverse land wise in the USA. We have desert, mountains, hills, plains swamps, forests and more. Most people have no idea how diverse our state is. Or how beautiful it really is. Especially eastern Oklahoma.

We are glad to have you here. I have heard from many folks that have moved here that we have some of the most friendly people in the world. And I believe it. I love this state and wouldn’t live anywhere else. I’m born and raised here and proud of it. I hope you have many years of happiness and success. I know you have been here a little while but I still mean what I say.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can find plenty to do. the Game Reserve, SCRAP in Duncan, take most of my free time. I grew up where I could shoot a rifle in most any direction and not worry about it, the nights were pitch black and the quiet and stillness were beautiful. Here its never quiet (the artillery is rocking everything right now) and never dark. The sirens are incessant. I mess the dark and quiet, mostly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is one of the most diverse land wise in the USA. We have desert, mountains, hills, plains swamps, forests and more. Most people have no idea how diverse our state is. Or how beautiful it really is. Especially eastern Oklahoma.

We are glad to have you here. I have heard from many folks that have moved here that we have some of the most friendly people in the world. And I believe it. I love this state and wouldn’t live anywhere else. I’m born and raised here and proud of it. I hope you have many years of happiness and success. I know you have been here a little while but I still mean what I say.
Salt Plains and sand dunes and an inland port to the sea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom