Acog knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of the cheaper versions? I'm just not a $1,600 scope kinda guy. (my wife wont let me be)

Thanks

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 4 power TA01 ACOG ON MY RIFLE, A BUDDY OF MINE LIKED MY ACOG AND HOW CLEAR IT WAS AND HE WANTED ONE BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND THE MONEY FOR ONE. SO HE BOUGHT ONE OF THE KNOCK OFFS AND WHEN WE WENT TO THE RANGE SO HE COULD GET IT SITED IN AFTER 20 ROUNDS THE FRONT LENS FELL OUT ON THE BENCH. HE TOOK IT OFF THE RIFLE AND THROWED IT AS FAR AS HE COULD. NEEDLESS TO SAY I:pms2:MY AZZ OFF.
SO JUST BE AWARE THAT THE KNOCK OFF IS CHEAPER YES, BUT IF YOU SPEND THE MONEY ON AN ACOG YOU WILL HAVE IT PROBABLY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
JMO.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is it about the ACOG you like?
The Prism
The Fixed 4x
Tridium / Fiber optic
The look?

There are some fixed 3x 4x 5x prism illuminated reticle scopes out there that are battery operated. They do not look like an ACOG but their performance is great. Clear glass, fixed, compact, bright illumination and affordable. $250-$400 ish

Vortex Spitfire 3x or 5x
Burris AR-332
Primary Arms Prism 3x or 5x

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is it about the ACOG you like?
The Prism
The Fixed 4x
Tridium / Fiber optic
The look?

There are some fixed 3x 4x 5x prism illuminated reticle scopes out there that are battery operated. They do not look like an ACOG but their performance is great. Clear glass, fixed, compact, bright illumination and affordable. $250-$400 ish

Vortex Spitfire 3x or 5x
Burris AR-332
Primary Arms Prism 3x or 5x

There was a gentleman at the range this weekend that was nice enough to let me shoot his rifle with a Trijicon ACOG....wow that thing was awesome. First time I've ever used one so I was just curious if the cheaper versions were any good. I totally understand the $150 version isn't going to be in the same ballpark but my $650 AR10 isn't on the same level with most rifles that you would put a $1,600 scope on.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Top Bottom