Advice on a 10.5 barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,I just picked up a stripped Sun Devil upper without M4 ramps. Im looking for recomendations for a barrel. Like I said above the reciever does not have M4 cuts. I know I can cut them myself if I get a barrel that does. Its not a big deal to me any way as there are tons of ARs out there without them. But anyways what barrels are you using and which barrels would you use if its was your 10.5 upper

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SBR or Pistol? Steve at Adco has a nice 10.5" and if you wanted to have a can, he's got a cool little Barrel and can package deal. I will admit if I do a SBR that's the barrel and Can setup I'd go for. He also just sells the barrel too.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Adcofirearms.com it's his M4-S setup look under silencers and then Ops Inc. He sells it as a full time suppressor setup, but he will drill the gas port if you want it to run without the can too.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gas port size is something to ask about, sometimes a heavy buffer/spring should be kept in mind. I had to do this with a 7.5" to help proper cycle and did it again with my second 7.5" by habit. Noveske is great in everything they come out with. I will be using a Noveske 18" here shortly on a AR10 build and their Swithblocks are cool too. What type of purpose will this SBR serve? IMO if I were going for Hard Core operator type build I'd go with a Hammer Forged with chrome lined barrel with medium profile to cut weight down. Daniels Lite rail, Young Mfg or LMT BCG, and a good non-ajustable single or 2-stage trigger. Put your money in barrel, BCG and trigger. I'd also try and make it as lite as possible.

SB

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked out the Noveske 10.5 stainless with the switchblock. I like the idea of the switchblock. Seems like it takes care of the problems of switching back and forth between suppressed and unsuppressed. Any problems with a stainless barrel vs a hammer forged?
So far for this build I have a Spikes Lower with a RRA LPK and now the Sun Devil Upper. I still have alot left but I like the fact I can shop around and buy what I want.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only think I would look into is the Noveske is stainless and that can sometimes add weight. Stainless vs Chrome moly, as long as they are good quility no real differance. A normal person will never wear out either. You have to be shooting alot of damn rounds to do it atleast. I'd just look at weight, I like lite SBR's I don't want a small package brick...

Latest posts

Top Bottom