Advice on a 10.5 barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 14.5" Noveske Switchblock upper. They're the tits! If you can get one, there is no better SBR setup IMO. The nice thing about getting the barrel from Noveske is the Switchblock is pinned, rather than the bolt on they offer for other barrels. My favorite other SBR barrel is the Colt 6933 11.5". They're very light weight.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the weight like with your noveske? I have a 16" 6.8SPC Noveske barrel and it is amazing, but it does add weight compared to other 16" setups I've handled. Not saying that is a total problem, it is a MOA barrel with good ammo and handloads. I was going to go with a stainless on my 7.5 Diplomat, but the CM was just lighter.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with keeping it as light as possible. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of an Sbr. I chose a Rock River 10.5 upper.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noveske all the way in an SBR - I wish Josh-L would post up his video of him plinking steel at 400yds with his 10.5" Noveske.

I see how you are. Giving credit to the barrel and not the shooter.... lol!

Noveske makes a great barrel but they aren't the be all end all in my opinion. My current rifle has a Centurion Arms barrel that is chrome lined and I bet it'll run side by side a SS Noveske.

Now look what you did. I just made two posts and I was doing so good staying away!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see how you are. Giving credit to the barrel and not the shooter.... lol!

Noveske makes a great barrel but they aren't the be all end all in my opinion. My current rifle has a Centurion Arms barrel that is chrome lined and I bet it'll run side by side a SS Noveske.

Now look what you did. I just made two posts and I was doing so good staying away!

Heh heh - the Prodigal PA has returned! What's up man - M4Carbine.net too boring?

I just read about Centurion Arms like two days ago - pretty cool stuff on their site. Well - I'm off to the big show.

Oh and to the OP, another thing I was thinking of - I want to say I spoke to Matt and he had Steve Baldwin make him a custom Hart barrel that was a super-short .308 AR barrel, so you can always go that route with a 5.56 barrel as well - I don't know much about Hart's 5.56 barrels, but their Remy 700 .308 barrels are apparently kick ass - my son's rifle is doing as good as mine with my Broughton (and for a lot less money).

In all honesty, I think both are out-shooting the shooter in my case :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom