Afghan Child Sexual Abuse Ignored by US Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many examples of reverse imperialism.

Prime example is Rome conquered and occupied Jerusalem during the time of Christ, ended up being the seat of Christianity.

British empire....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of what the General said, it appears that U.S. forces are not to interfere in the raping of children, but are to report it up the chain of command so that someone at a high level can contact the Afghan Ministry of Justice who will then investigate and take action if they think there is sufficient reason to do so.

So yes there is no policy of ignoring child rape: you report it and wait for nothing to happen.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received this reply from Senator Imhofe. It indicates to me that he has no interest in the issue. Typical mish-mash, double speak politician language. Let the wheels turn awhile until it is forgotten about.

There is no formal policy to ignore child rape but it certainly appears to be a wide spread long term practice. Central command is either negligent in not knowing what happens in the field or complicit in the practice of not reporting child rape.

Thank you for taking time to voice your concern over the recent reports that the Department of Defense (DoD) has a policy of instructing servicemembers to ignore child sexual abuse by their Afghanistan allies. As a father, a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee and an Army veteran, I am deeply troubled by these allegations, and I appreciate you sharing your views with me.

In the weeks since these first allegations surfaced, we have learned that the reports originated from incidents in 2010, 2011 , and 2012 in which servicemembers were purportedly disciplined when they reported instances of abuse to commanders. L ike you, I was outraged by these reports and immediately contacted both DoD and U.S. Central Command to discuss the details of these incidents as well as U.S. policy regarding the reporting of human rights violations by servicemembers . Any incidents of unlawful orders or policies being issued to our servicemembers are intolerable and, if true, punishable under our Uniformed Code of Military Justice.

The DoD is currently investigating these reports. General John Campbell, the Commander of Resolute Support and US Forces in Afghanistan, issued a statement on September 22 nd making clear that there is no policy – and has never been a policy – requiring American service members to turn a blind eye to the Afghan sexual assault against young boys. According to General Campbell, "the policy is to immediately report such incidents to the chain of command who will take appropriate action under applicable law, as well as DoD and service regulations." This is as it should be; this kind of behavior cannot and should not be tolerated. Rest assured I plan to follow the development s of this investigation closely and will ensure DoD fully evaluates the situation and takes appropriate disciplinary action against any wrongdoing that may have occurred.

Thank you again for reaching out to me about this issue. If you are interested in keeping up with my work in the Senate, I invite you to sign up for my online newsletter by visiting: https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/newsletter/sign-up .

Sincerely,

James M. Inhofe
United States Senator

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In our society, sexual abuse is reprehensible, abhorrant, and despicable. Evidentily, in that culture its not.

The US will never change that culture until they turn that country into a glass bowl.

We won't do that, so we become complicit as as a society that agrees to child abuse. The person that can stop this won't. The children have no choice.

The Green Beret that was supposed to be discharged, is now on standby. Public opinion may have had an effect. Who knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom