Alright, coach me through this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want to start shooting competitively just for fun. What gear do I need? I like the idea of the "tactical/practical" rifle matches i've seen videos of, and the pistol as well. Maybe combined? I would be looking to join the OKC members in the comps they shoot. Talk me through it...

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the carrygun matches at heartland are the best to start with (very beginner friendly) if you plan on showing up to one let me know and i will show up early and give you an idea of what to expect.....

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 in the Heartland matches being newbie friendly.

Bring your AR, 2-3 mags, and a mag pouch if you have one to the rifle match on the 20th of February. Try to shoot your AR at least once before you come shoot the match so that you know it works. If you can know where it hits at 100, 200, & 300 you are going to have a lot more fun on the long range stage. The close range shooting is pretty easy.

Click this link for the Area Match List and hit some matches. None of them are too advanced for a 1st timer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom