Ammo-regulation bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
They are already trying to outlaw lead ammo by way of EPA regs. California already haas a lead ammo ban covering most of the state. Colorado is also concerned about adding lead to the enviroment from lead ammo. Although most of that state has so much naturally occuring lead in the form of galena. In some parts of the state you can walk alnog and pick it up off the side of the mountians.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are already trying to outlaw lead ammo by way of EPA regs. California already haas a lead ammo ban covering most of the state. Colorado is also concerned about adding lead to the enviroment from lead ammo. Although most of that state has so much naturally occuring lead in the form of galena. In some parts of the state you can walk alnog and pick it up off the side of the mountians.

Just what I was thinking. Lead is a naturally occurring resource.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the political climate is such that they'd have a pretty easy time passing a lead ammo ban. Ugly business.

Look at leaded solder in Europe - they've forced everyone to go with lead free stuff that's harder to work with and hasn't proven its longevity - items deemed "critical" (medical machines, military electronics, etc.) are still permitted to use leaded, but the plebes can't touch the good stuff anymore.

Here's a discussion on an engineering forum:

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=140200&page=1

Including this link:

http://www.rtcmagazine.com/home/article.php?id=100455

Long and short, lead from solder makes up such a tiny fraction of overall lead pollution that switching to lead-free solder is largely symbolic, environmentally speaking.

scotman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes NY is trying to follow in his footsteps. A Ammunitions Bill was introduced by Sen. Carl Kruger. Been fighting bills like this all my life, my fingers get tired of calling every other week to tell my representatives "just say no". It has been a full frontal assualt on our Second Amendment Right here in NY with all these anti-gun bills being submitted. One of the reasons I want to leave this state. It is well known sooner or later alot of these bills will pass.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes NY is trying to follow in his footsteps. A Ammunitions Bill was introduced by Sen. Carl Kruger. Been fighting bills like this all my life, my fingers get tired of calling every other week to tell my representatives "just say no". It has been a full frontal assualt on our Second Amendment Right here in NY with all these anti-gun bills being submitted. One of the reasons I want to leave this state. It is well known sooner or later alot of these bills will pass.

It will only take a few more 2000 page spending bills for someone to think we're dropped our guard.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should all start writing to the CEOs of all ammo and firearm makers to urge them to take a stand against this kind of BS, and stop selling anything to any state or city agency that allows this kind of law. Much like Ronnie Barrett has. No sales to CA, NY, HI, NJ, etc.

Would sure as hell get the attention of the lawmakers when our fellow LEOs in those states/cities when the departments cannot get what they need to do the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom