And so it begins - my Grendel build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first I had ever heard of the Grendel was here on OSA about 2.5 years ago. Went to the Alexander Arms website and clicked on the Grendel. Read about it and thought that it was intriguing. I had just purchased 2 lowers from MAS gunworks on a group buy (remember those?) off the board here and picked them up at the big W show. I put one on a complete 5.56 upper that I already had. I wanted to build a deer gun that was on the AR platform. My brother shoots a .243 and my dad a .270. The only gun I have used since I was 16 is a 30-30. So I thought since it was in between, why not.

Well, I have been collecting parts for over 2 years now, just buying what I can when I can. A lot has come from members and vendors here on OSA. Thank you all for the good deals and smooth transactions and of course the inspirations. This is a great site and thanks to Kelly, the mods and the members.

This is a little in response to EZ's thread just want to report the good stories too.

So... now I have
Spikes lower
Spikes flattop upper
DPMS parts kit
Alexander Arms 18" fluted SS barrel
Alexander Arms bolt
Alexander Arms 9/16 thread flash hider
DPMS bolt carrier
DPMS charging handle
DPMS Mid-Length gas tube
Low profile .750 single rail gas block
1 - C-Products 5 round
4 - C-Products 26 round magazines
DPMS 6 position stock and commercial spring and buffer
Hogue Free Float Overmolded Green Midlength hand guard
Hogue Overmolded Green Grip
ai254.photobucket.com_albums_hh93_jmfothergill_052.jpg

THANKS OSA

Reaction score
Sounds and looks great - keep us updated - this will be one sweet rifle when done. The only thing better (arguably) is my "6.5 Grendel Magnum" build, aka 18" DPMS LR-260L in .260 Rem. But yours will be lighter; Ha, ha, you've already got ammo - awesomeness. :-)

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some help. After several months of delays I am putting the upper together. I can't seem to get the gas tube in enough I am using a mid length tube, but how far into the upper should the tube go? I will post some pictures in the morning.
Thanks,
EfsDad

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't help on your gas tube, but in case you didn't know you can hunt with anysize mag in that rifle, if you read the rule book it just says nothing larger than 7 rounds for .22 cal rifles, doesn't specify for bigger guns. I use a 20 rounder in my LR-308 when I go