Another brave Oklahoma soldier lost in Afghanistan. RIP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though I'm a transplant from Georgia, these deaths from our state, are really breaking my heart!!!! I so wish we could just leave both Iraq an Afganistan!!!!

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though I'm a transplant from Georgia, these deaths from our state, are really breaking my heart!!!! I so wish we could just leave both Iraq an Afganistan!!!!

Im from Louisiana but consider myself an okie.... the problem is if we leave these places, what will keep the bad guys from following us home and starting their crap here? I think its down to a point were we are buying temporary safety with the lives of our troops...

Last edited:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its down to a point were we are buying temporary safety with the lives of our troops...

Every now and again I find myself thinking that temporary safety could be bought more cheaply with a fleet of heavy bombers. Think Operation Linebacker 2. Then I remind myself that rage poisons the soul.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Every now and again I find myself thinking that temporary safety could be bought more cheaply with a fleet of heavy bombers. Think Operation Linebacker 2. Then I remind myself that rage poisons the soul.

Agreed, I sometimes think about the same but have to remind myself there are a few innocent people over there that do not deserve to die just because they have the unfortunate luck of living near so many that do deserve it.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AAR my sone gave me the other night...

it was a long day, it started with one of our trucks getting hit with an ied, everyone in the truck was ok just damn near unconcious, but the blast left a huge crater and they had to send a convoy with a wrecker from another base a couple hours away to recover it, I climbed 1000 feet up a mountain to pull security while we waited, they came and pulled our truck out, they had to go back to their...
camp because the road was impassible, we had to go back to ours, and we had intel of a possible ambush set up on the way back in the same area they ambushed us before. then the explosions started going off, my vehicle was caught in the middle of an open field because the LT vehicle was in front of me and he wouldnt f*cking move, I'm going to beat his ass when I get back, so I had my driver move..
back and forth as fast as possible to at least make us somewhat of a moving target, we did that for several minutes until an RPG hit the engine block, then we were sitting ducks, I think there was probably 4 or so that hit our truck, a truck behind us tried to push us out of the kill zone, but they pushed us right into his truck
we've tried to educate the *******, all the sqaud leaders have pulled this guy several times since training back in the states, its gotten so bad that we went to the commander a few weeks ago and asked to get him fired, all he did was trade out our PLT SGT, a lot of since that made, but the new PLT SGT said he has one more strike and hes out, so maybe the commander will wise up and send the guy aw
about the guy killed, he was with the convoy that came to recover our truck and went the other way, they must have been hit at the same time, it was a hell of a coordinated attack......

Latest posts

Top Bottom