Ant Dams For Hummingbird Feeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's the product needed. i use Foamy lids and 12 gauge Romex, and clear silicon

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa398_crayj_Ant_20Dams_DSC_1154.jpg

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa398_crayj_Ant_20Dams_DSC_1156.jpg

pre silicon assembly

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa398_crayj_Ant_20Dams_DSC_1159.jpg

i liberally fill the inside cup of the lid with silicon after i've pulled the Romex so i see copper on both sides, fill with silicon, pull the Romex down until the insulation stops it, then i have some plastic shelves that have slotted shevles, put the copper end thru one of the slots and hang a small weight to the copper hoop. let it dry, hang it up, attach feeder and fill the lid with water

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa398_crayj_Ant_20Dams_DSC_1161.jpg

and in service

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa398_crayj_Ant_20Dams_DSC_1164.jpg

Last edited:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know, but i make mine out of stuff i'd normally throw away. they last about 2 years as well. plus it keeps me busy and out of the devil's workshop
That's cool. By the time I tracked down the materials and ran to town for a tube of silicone, I might as well just buy the real thing.

Wonder what would happen if you mixed Permethrin in with the silicone and didn't use water?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big issue I have at my feeder are wasps. Can’t keep them out.
Honey bees are our issue. Like to find that hive and have it relocated. I've stood in the backyard for hours watching them fly off thinking they would be heading back to their hive but they seem to go in random directions and then get lost in the trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom