any muffler guys here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a bad catalytic converter on my trk. and have some questions.

Or can someone refer me to a good person for the work. I can get a universal and have it installed but got questions.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the age, make, model of your vehicle and how many cats it has, you can just get rid of it. some motors can actually run worse without the back pressure though; and then there is the plug to fake the signal of the cat so the cel doesnt come on, universal ones are the way to go, and come cheap from jcwhitney, jegs, summit, etc...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expert Muffler has done work on 3 of my cars.

Discount Muffler at 23rd and MacArthur ran the exaust on my CJ after the rebuild.

Down side about ordering a Cat then having a shop install it is the labor bill. The cost to install the unit purchased from the shop is considerably cheaper.

I have heard good things about the muffler shop on Main St in Yukon. I want to say Sooner Muffler. They recently moved further west on Main. North side of the road.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you get the old Cat back from the shop unless you get a credit for it. It has Platinum in it and is worth a lot more then you think as scrap ( the last price I saw a couple years ago put a small CAT at over a hundred bucks

Latest posts

Top Bottom