Any Reserve/Guard Services offer a 2 Year Active Enlistment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have been looking around and saw reference to the creation of a 2 year Active enlistment. I understand all contracts are 8 years, but also know that it varies on how that is split between between Active and IRR. The only Service I have seen explicitly list 2 year active enlistments is the Navy Reserve, and that qualified it for "some careers" (but which ones?).

So, does anyone know if these are available? If so, what careers in Oklahoma would they have available. Several years ago I took the ASVAB and scored in the upper 90s. Not sure how I would fare today but I am confident it would be competitive. I have undergraduate and master's degrees, and so I could be a candidate for an officer. I have had most interest in the Navy and Air Force/ANG, simply because my family has history in those services (AAF/ANG for my side, Navy for my wife's) and I have a better understanding of them.

I have not contacted a recruiter, as I figured I would post here and try to get a bit of straight talk from those with experience first. Not looking to commit to anything yet, but any "feelers" you guys could share is appreciated.

Thanks.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the Air Force has something called the National Call to Service program where you can enlist for 2yrs Active. Im not sure which jobs are available, but i know that the jobs are limited. Hope this helps.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my former soldiers did a two year contract as an Army Infantryman but it seems like to receive some of the benefits you have to do at least 36 months AD. Officers have a longer enlistment period of at least 3 years after OCS, IIRC. Not sure on the ANG stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom