Anybody for some turkle soup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what granny called turtles.

Was out at the game reserve yesterday and came upon this. 6, maybe 7 sunning on a log. Further up the reserve there are some more remote lakes, Treaure and Post Oak lakes. I saw one old boy or Gurl, LOL) that looked about the size of a 55 gallon drum lid. Thats when I decided not to swim in that one. If youre able to enlarge the photo you'll see a couple more on the far side.

1712595950916.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Never cooked it myself but a guy my dad fished with cooked it often. Cleaned the turtle, boiled it while in the shell, then removed the meat and usually made cajun recipes with it. Never ate a bad turtle recipe that he cooked.

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what granny called turtles.

Was out at the game reserve yesterday and came upon this. 6, maybe 7 sunning on a log. Further up the reserve there are some more remote lakes, Treaure and Post Oak lakes. I saw one old boy or Gurl, LOL) that looked about the size of a 55 gallon drum lid. Thats when I decided not to swim in that one. If youre able to enlarge the photo you'll see a couple more on the far side.

View attachment 468850
Sure looks like a fishy lookin place!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about some undercooked turkle that tried to kill swampratt one time. swampratt is so much better than me at those kinds of things, if they almost killed him they'd have NO problem with me!

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure looks like a fishy lookin place!
Lots of fish but I've read youre not supposed to eat too many of them due to a high arsenic content in the water. Apparently theres an issue with arsenic in this whole area. I read that when an out fit in Duncan was opening a weed grow center they tested the water in duncan and it had a high arsenic content as well. They had to retrofit the whole city with filters. No idea why that would be in the area but it seems to be. Anyone got any knowledge on that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom