Mad and worried !🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.B. Parker

New to the site!
Reaction score
My daughter recently got offered a job at the Dick Connors prison in Hominy at a good salary and then after about a week they offered her substantially more to take the job, All good right ? No, her ex husband who molested my granddaughter ( not his own child) has been there for several years and has 11-12 yrs of mandatory time left before possibly being paroled ( hopefully he dies before he gets a chance at parole), She told them she would take the job on the condition the ex was moved and they agreed, he would never know why he was being moved and would be gone before her start date, Well that didn’t happen and after a couple of months they spotted each other and then again about another month later, my daughters boss then went to the warden and complained on her behalf and they finally got him moved, a couple of day later one on the inmates started bitching to my daughter about his best friend getting moved, the guards told him to never mention it again or he would be moved elsewhere.
Now we are worried about her safety there AND worried about his POS dad messing with her or my grandkids ( one theirs and one not), the grandparents have not attempted to see their own grandson since the ex did what he did but they live near the prison in hominy and got to visit regularly but now won’t be able to and that’ll piss them off.
I was wondering if there was any legal recourse for my daughter being put in this position at the prison ? She is pro gun all the way and shot guns as a little kid up to her teen years with me and was pretty good but never wanted one for herself and last night asked me to get her one, now I’m pissed as hell at them for not keeping their word and for making us worry 🤬🤬🤬
What do all of y’all think ? Advice ?
As a former executive in law enforcement there is no legal recourse, it's her choice whether to work there or not. Therefore since there is a choice available to the employee there is no legal remedy. The state can't simply transfer an inmate instantly. The state has responsibilities to not send an inmate from one facility to another with out verifying many other components. For example leaving all personal opinions aside if the moved without verifying whether it increases liability or danger and the inmate was injured or killed by someone he had been protected from, taxpayers are liable. Having said that have her review policy 110215 there is some administrative remedies available to research. Do I know the current executive staff in OKC are less than qualified "yes" which does create lacks in action. They way she handles this situation is head on if any other inmates says anything she should use the inmate disciplinary policy 060215. This will aid her in establish she will address those incidents firm yet professional. Good luck.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former executive in law enforcement there is no legal recourse, it's her choice whether to work there or not. Therefore since there is a choice available to the employee there is no legal remedy. The state can't simply transfer an inmate instantly. The state has responsibilities to not send an inmate from one facility to another with out verifying many other components. For example leaving all personal opinions aside if the moved without verifying whether it increases liability or danger and the inmate was injured or killed by someone he had been protected from, taxpayers are liable. Having said that have her review policy 110215 there is some administrative remedies available to research. Do I know the current executive staff in OKC are less than qualified "yes" which does create lacks in action. They way she handles this situation is head on if any other inmates says anything she should use the inmate disciplinary policy 060215. This will aid her in establish she will address those incidents firm yet professional. Good luck.
I appreciate your input and I understand it BUT, the deal was that he would be moved before she started and since she had already put in her notice at her previous job and they had already hired a replacement there she didn’t have much choice, After she started and he was still there she was told by upper mgmt that they would not let him see her there and again they failed to keep their word and he has seen her twice, I guess I’m just the kind of person that believes in keeping my word and if I tell you I’ll do something you can consider it done ! A person is only as good as their word !! If they couldn’t move him sooner then she should have been told that upfront and she could have stayed on her previous job until he was moved and then put in a 2 week notice.
I will continue to believe that people are honest and will do as they say for the most part but may start asking for some things in writing to ensure it happens.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she would like a better job, the PD in Ponca City usually is short staffed. I think starting pay is around $45,000. They have 2 or 3 female officers now.
She lives too far from Ponca City and she isn’t an officer she is an LPN.
Even transferring to a different job won’t keep the dirtbags family from knowing why he was moved. But thanks for the input !

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the world I have grew up in you believe it when it happens.
People can say all kinds of things but I take it all with a grain of salt.

People lie.

Just have her prepare to defend herself when the time comes if it ever does come.
Most likely will not.
I can't believe you have not set her up with multiple weapons.

Get after it get her some.

As far as recourse there is nothing you can make stick . Just going to piss off more and more people.

If she is that worried or worried for her life she needs to get another job.
I have tried to get her to carry a gun and I’m not sure why she won’t, she always said “ I just don’t want to” ???? Beats the hell outta me ?!??
She did finally ask for one and I’m giving her my Colt Gov. model .380 for now and am going to look for a dependable .38 revolver for her, also gonna try and find a home defense shotty in .20 or .12 ga.
She could get another job but she wants to work there mostly because they offered her a very nice salary and she also gets benefits from the state which seem pretty good, the upside is in 4 yrs when my grandson graduated she wants to move somewhere where there is a beach and less cold weather.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the father the type to do something?
If so, if there is any type of harassment bring it up to the parole board.
I know it is just a piece a paper but she should get a restraining order against them if possible. This would act as a buffer should she need to protect herself or the children, and by that I mean any scumbelly prosecutor wouldn't be able to question whatever use of force she choose to use if it came to that.
I doubt there would be much recourse she could pursue given prisons are a money mill for all involved at the top and they probably have a major attorney to handle these exact situations.
The father is a worthless POS, he might try doing something sneaky but never confront anyone FTF, she has contacted local law enforcement where she lives and informed them just in case.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife very briefly worked in the Texas prison system as a nurse. My advice is to tell your daughter to get out fast. Odds are that the ex will never be moved and no action will be taken to keep them apart. The last straw, which only took two weeks, for my wife was the morning she went into the clinic to find it crammed full of inmates with no supervision. She called the guards, who just hung up on her. She then told all the inmates to get out. A few minutes later the chief guard stormed in, cussing as he came in the door. Bad idea with my wife. The guard wound up leaving with his tail between his legs. In one of life’s supreme ironies, the guard was shanked later that day and my wife treated him. She didn’t go back the next day.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife was offered a prison nurse position years ago and almost took it because of the salary they eventually coughed up. Fortunately I talked her out of it.

My brother ( retired 82nd Airborne Ranger ) who became a RN after retiring worked at the Boley prison for several years, long enough to qualify for the retirement package. He didn’t have any problems or issues. But again he’s a basic bad dude who can handle himself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom