Anybody want to live with hippies??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this on CL and thought it was kinda weird and funny at the same time
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/roo/2631041743.html
Where everyday is Earth Day! Large simulated earthship house with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths to share with sustainability-conscious roommates. Shared kitchen. Country living. Bike to grocery. Minutes to Downtown on bike path. 500 gallon rainwater collection system, with greenhouse planned in the backyard. Large fenced back yard for experimenting with off-grid living. Non-smokers only. Preference for vegan/vegetarians, burners, car-free lifestylists, "new age" entrepreneurs, etsy-iers, ebay-ers, disenfranchised corporate flame-outs, and trash/metal artists. Beehives, chicken coop, and goats planned for 2012. Grow your own greens in the front yard. Deposit, $300. Split bills, including wi-fi. Gas cooking and heating. Grey/black water recycling. No refrigerator or conventional AC to keep electric bill low. Alternative, convection off-grid style cooling. Hang out with friends and neighbors on the patio. Lotsa fresh veggies. Got chickens? Bring your own solar panel or build a pedal-powered generator to power laptop and personal fan. Some DIY work may be required. Windmill, planned. Outside, edible pets, ok. Be aware this is NOT the conventional room share, afflicted with affluenza. Willingness to share, inspire, and outreach with Rainbow Gathering attitudes highly valued. :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way things could be going, folks livin' like that might have the last laugh....

I don't think most of these folks could really "sustain" themselves on their own, not nearly as well as many of our country-livin' folk.

Notice, they're paying all kinds of lip service to it, but they do live in a major city with access to anything they might need to make them feel better than their neighbors. A true eco-freak would eschew all these city conveniences and establish a compound in the boonies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't talking about the folks themselves...just talking about the attempt to 'off-grid' it. Don't have to be in the sticks to do some common sense living stuff. Heck, IIRC Mr. Oklahoma food coop himself, Bob Waldrop, has a pretty efficient set up right in dowtown OKC. I'll see if I can find the article.

There's a middle here....it ain't black and white. I did think the wifi thing was funny.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom