Anyone doing European Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer to cape them out remove as much meat as possible then powerwash them and boil them with water dawn dish soap and old school brown liquid Lysol. They turn out pretty nice.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sallies in Guthrie does Euro mounts for $110 out the door. Includes everything but a mouting board. By FAR the cheapest in the metro. We've had a number of them done by them. We have one in with them right now.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best mount board is angled with a dowel rod sticking up. You then drill hole in bottom, back of skull that will slide down over the rod. I can post pics if needed. This allows one to lift it up to handle, clean, pass around etc.

The new skull hangers are cool too. I have those as well. They insert into back of skull in the holes already made when spine is severed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did my own two years ago by the boil method. I found it much more satisfying in completing the field to wall process. It's pretty easy to do. I have a step - by - step process posted on a site I used to use if you'd like details.

I used the skull-hooker as well, Justin. Bought it on eBay (bit cheaper than elsewhere) and am very happy with it. Being able to change the angle is nice.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you prefer to mount the skull to a board?

I don't. I prefer doubling a small diameter wire (just smaller than a #2 pencil lead) chuck it in a drill, hold the doubled with pliers and slowly turn it to twist the wire. Then run one side through hole on back of skull (holes on both sides of spinal cord hole) twist it around back around itself. Then trim to shorten if needed and run the wire through the other side hole and twist it back around itself. This will hang skull and wire will barely be seen. (Wire hooks over a screw)

Latest posts

Top Bottom