Anyone have a Self Directed IRA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ff90

Marksman
Reaction score
Heard about them where you can purchase rental real estate & place into a IRA and let it accumulate/grow tax free like a regular IRA.

Checked wit Arvest & BancFirst, they do not do them. Anyone familiar with this? Know where to open one at?

Thanks in advanced, B

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard about them where you can purchase rental real estate & place into a IRA and let it accumulate/grow tax free like a regular IRA.

Checked wit Arvest & BancFirst, they do not do them. Anyone familiar with this? Know where to open one at?

Thanks in advanced, B

You can absolutely use self-directed IRA to purchase Real Estate and you keep same benefits as any other investment. My CFA is with Trust of Oklahoma but there are requirements to work with them.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy that has his rentals in a self directed IRA. It is not tax free, and expenses can be covered from the IRA, IIRC you have to have a Custodian of the IRA that oversees that portion(or maybe all of it).

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any idea who it is with, can't find anyone local so far
The Entrust Group out of CA is who handles mine. We can talk if you want. The premise is that YOU can't use the property/investment for personal. Rental homes are fine. 2nd home for you to use isn't.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure and compare costs with whomever you choose. I "think" I looked at Equity Trust also before selecting The Entrust Group. Yeah, I don't like CA but the costs were cheaper and after 4 years still like them. I'd like to buy myself out of the land so money could go back into the stock market but fortunately what we bought 4 years ago has already doubled in value.

Latest posts

Top Bottom