anyone loading for the 32 s&w long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've got a little I frame smith that i have finally ran out of ammo for. i have some 100gr boolits which i know is a little heavy for the little plinker but a soft load should be fine for it. the gun is a 1956 model. i keep plenty of hp-38 around and i'm thinking 1.6 to 1.7 grains should be ok. data is kinda spotty so i thought i'd check here. thought,opinions?

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load for an old S&W Hand-Ejector that is in nice condition and I'm careful with it. I will check my ammo to see what load I'm using; haven't shot it in 5 years or so. I think they are 100 grain loads. I use W-W 231 in my old .32-20 revolvers (same as HP-38) and it does great. I will look at my ammo and get back.

Cedar Creek the .32 pistol man. Haw! :pms2:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently started loading 32sw long as well as 32HR mag as light target loads in a new ruger single seven in 327 federal mag.
800x is all I could find at the time so that is what I started with.

Edit: using a 77gr bullet in 32 long and the 95gr bullet in 32hr mag.

Last edited:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try a slightly compressed load of APP. No need for special lubed bullets with APP.

If you're not interested in smoke then TrailBoss would be a good choice for a mild plinker load.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Pulp, I think smokin this little thing might be fun!
CC, thanks, I'll have to try the BE. Might load up a box of each and
Take it out to play

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 20 years ago I loaded some cast bullets over Pyrodex and shot them in my Ruger Single-Six .32 H&R mag. They shot OK, but I didn't like the cleanup - gun and cartridge cases.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom