Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic: El Reno, OK Oct. 8-9, 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hear ye, hear ye!

Appleseed will be holding a weekend marksmanship clinic at Canadian Ranges (aka the Banner Road Range), near El Reno, OK on October 9-10. I'm sorry, I misstated the date in the thread title. This is a Saturday and Sunday event. That's the 9th and the 10th. Get it, got it, good. :)

Come experience a full weekend of solid rifle marksmanship training and American history and heritage. We are brining back the heritage of marksmanship -- come be a part of it. Learn Revolutionary War history you never knew. Hear the best instruction in the fundamentals of marksmanship you will hear ANYWHERE. Learn advanced techniques for tightening your groups, and benefit from the constant coaching of experienced instructors. If you are a new shooter, you will improve immensely. If you are a long-time "gun guy" but never had much systematic instruction, you will be BLOWN AWAY by how much you will improve. If you are already an expert marksman, PROVE IT by shooting Expert on the Army Qualification Test, and join our cadre of volunteer instructors in bringing back our unique American heritage of marksmanship, which is being lost more and more every day. We have a couple of tools we can add to the toolbox of even the greatest shooters out there.

Oklahoma city people, you're welcome! :) Now you better show up -- this is less than a 30 minute drive for y'all!

Big thanks to Will, Instructor in Training, for arranging this.

Here is the Event Info Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16528.msg134978#msg134978

Here is where you register for this event: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/831871149

We are working on getting more shoots scheduled at more locations around the state. Please let me know if you or someone you know would like to host an Appleseed marksmanship clinic. All we need in order to start churning out Riflemen is a relatively flat piece of ground, 82 ft. long, with a safe backstop. A full-distance range, like 100 yards or more, is a big bonus.

See you on the firing line!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get ready y'all... the Banner Road shoot is coming up this weekend!

Start getting your gear together. Clean those rifles, and make sure you're lined out on ammo.

Practice those positions, and DRY FIRE, DRY FIRE, DRY FIRE!!! You know you want to be the one to clean that first Redcoat right out of the gate!

Even if you're shooting a rimfire for most of the event to save money, bring those center fire rifles out, too! We only have 100 yards at this facility, but you might as well get a good Battle Sight Zero and shoot through an AQT or two, to make sure you can do it with your real rifle. I enjoyed the number of center fires we had at the last Afton shoot.

If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late. Heck, if you miss the sign up deadline, show up anyway... we'll only charge you 10 bucks extra for a walk-on fee, and we'll make some room for you on the line!

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Looks like a few dates have popped up for the State...From the Tulsa area to the Fort Sill area we will have events till the end of the year....OKC you better get to this one ..lol wont stay nice out like this for long then its the snows and blowin wind.Yes we will shoot in the snow nothing like getting a patch that says "SUB ZERO" appleseed..Hope a few comeout to shoot with us ....Badlands in NOVEMBER? Yes we will be shooting the steel too 1000 again and if its wet out you might get to see the flight of the 223. in a bright red glow..lol but its got to be wet so pray for rain...

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
We start at 830 am each morning and go till 4 or 5 ..But been known to stay later if the shooters want to keep pluggin away...On our website there are alot of Answers to things like these ..We have a list of things to bring and what we do eachday ..Go check it out ..ww.rwva.org

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can only do one day, come Saturday if you've never been to an Appleseed before. That's when we do most if not all of the instruction.

If you've been to an Appleseed and are wanting to come back and try to shoot Expert, come Sunday, since that's when we do most of the "AQT grind."

Of course, you should definitely come both days if you can. Those who have attended at least 2 events and have shot Expert are invited to come back as an Instructor in Training and help us pass on the heritage.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Small note as of today Mc lovin came out and shoot with us and left with a few patches..Yep he did it and his wife did well too..We had one other lady shoot a 226 so she was thrilled to know she finaly did it..Oh the ladies of Appleseed are so fired up about shooting they keep coming back time after time ..So if your a lady dont think it just a guy thing you girls realy do shoot better than the TACTICOOL couch comando'ss...Benn proven time after time..thanks seeya in the morning ..Banner road if you OKC guys want to come out ..We crankup at 830am ...

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This shoot was very educational. I've had BRM several times and have done a fair amount of shooting in the past. Based on reviews I thought I'd probably learn a thing or two, but instead I learned quite a bit. Definitely worth it, and even better if you can bring a non-shooter to learn. Great class.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you benefitted from it, McLovin. I always love having guys who are already experienced shooters come to our events... they just lap our techniques up and put them right to good use. It's pretty cool for us instructors to see.

You know, you'd make a pretty good instructor...

Latest posts

Top Bottom