AR upper change out questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eightuhp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Option A.. Change to a flat top upper and a low pro gas block. (What rail system is on it?) About 30-45 min of work.
Option B.. Sell the complete upper and buy another one that fits your needs.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I've a standard A2 upper on my AR15. This thing works flawlessly.

My eyesight sucks. I am considering getting a flat top upper and changing everything out so I can mount some kind of optic on it.

What am I looking at to do this.
What problems might I expect?

Thanks.
+1 for just setting another upper onto your lower. I hear you on the eyesight, been there, am there, got the shirt.

ETA: Midway has been running some on sale of late. Just a thought.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yup... get another upper... DSA has a flat top mid length for 300 or a carbine for 275... I just got the middie a couple of days ago so I haven't shot it... The carbine was accurate, but they didn't drill the gas port. They made it right by upgrading me to the middie.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What brand is your AR? Same brand upper & lower? Might be better to just sell or trade the gun as is and get what you want. Just a thougth.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To give a little more detail...

Its not that expensive to get a $95 upper and swap-out your existing upper, but there are some things that you might want to consider as to if its really worth it or not. Are you planning on running a magnified scope, or just a red-dot of some sort?

Latest posts

Top Bottom