.224 Valkyrie AR....question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just won an Aero Precision AR chambered in 224 Valkyrie....I'm not very familiar with this caliber....i do know that I cannot shoot 223/5.56 out of it, but my question is, can i just swap barrels and BCG and keep the existing upper? Or would I have to swap uppers as well? The gun was built by a coworker and it was donated for he raffle at our company christmas party. It is brand new, never fired. It was cerakoated with a subdued stars & stripes, so I'd like to keep the upper and lower. The barrel is a Seekins Precision, pretty sure it's an 18" barrel and the BCG is Aero Precision.

Attachments

• 20231213_203128.jpg
    20231213_203128.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231213_203144.jpg
    20231213_203144.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not keep the .224 Valkyrie? Yeah the ammo is more expensive, but if you roll your own, it's just as cheap as .223 to shoot once the components are bought.
You can certainly keep the upper to build another caliber if that is what your determined to do.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Be patient, everyone will jump in here to give you an answer. May not be the answer you’re looking for, but it will be an answer.

But, yes, you can swap the barrel and bolt and and maybe something else and be back in 556 business

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not keep the .224 Valkyrie? Yeah the ammo is more expensive, but if you roll your own, it's just as cheap as .223 to shoot once the components are bought.
You can certainly keep the upper to build another caliber if that is what your determined to do.
I would if I reloaded...I don't. I don't really do any long distance shooting either. Not in the market to drop $$$ on a good scope, it's not in the budget...I just got back from a week long trip to Disney World....lol I'm thinking of selling the barrel and BCG to fund a new 223/5.56 barrel and BCG or hell, maybe see if there are any trade offers out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would if I reloaded...I don't. I don't really do any long distance shooting either. Not in the market to drop $$$ on a good scope, it's not in the budget...I just got back from a week long trip to Disney World....lol I'm thinking of selling the barrel and BCG to fund a new 223/5.56 barrel and BCG or hell, maybe see if there are any trade offers out there.
I've got AR's that have never been shot yet. Won at DU banquets. How many does one need? (turn in man card statement)
The Valkyrie will be a longer-range round, but yeah, if you're not wanting to get into that field, certainly trade for something to fit your needs.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an AR or two in 223/556 I’d consider putting up for trade. Depends on what setup you are looking for. One is a tack driving bull barrel that shoots dime size groups at 100yds with factory Hornady ammo.

3 shot group at 100 yds.

1702527567221.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom