Arcadia archery draw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered putting in for it, but never have. You can buy in on leftover weekends after the draw. A few massive bucks have been taken there, but they have a quota on bucks and once they hit it, it's a doe only hunt for everyone else who goes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never have but I did go horseback riding out there once and I literally had to go around deer that were blocking the trail. They arent afraid of a horse and I was quiet as to not spook them Think I counted 30 deer in a 5 mile ride, most of which were does.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State record archery buck was killed in that area before all of the development began. Used to be a controlled hunt area as well.
Then Edmond bought it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see they raised the fee per hunt and hunter to $75, I thought $50 was plenty high enough

Seriously? Good grief...you're paying at a chance to be told "does only" if you don't draw prior to the buck quota being filled. I personally would be fine with does only, as I prefer meat vs antlers in the freezer, but many would not be ok with that.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? Good grief...you're paying at a chance to be told "does only" if you don't draw prior to the buck quota being filled. I personally would be fine with does only, as I prefer meat vs antlers in the freezer, but many would not be ok with that.

I know.....as I've said before on here, I could walk to a bunch of the areas from my house, but I've never put in, I guess I should but probably wont now. I've never seen the harvest numbers from any year, would love to see that, you can bet that no one has killed a big buck out of there in the last few years because if they had it would have been posted all over the internet and the newspapers like the last big one in the story you linked to. I'm sure there are some good bucks around the lake, I saw a big 10 point a year or two ago cross 122nd at the Sooner Road intersection. I really wish I knew where I could find the harvest numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom