Archangel M1/M14 Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tpd2021

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this stock. Looks pretty cool and for $225-250 isn't out of my budget. Looked all over the net but couldn't find any range reports. Think it would fit my M14 just right.

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_21XzN0U3K0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

T

tpd2021

Neginfluence04- I can't justify spending more for the stock than I did on the gun. Especially when I need to be buying ammunition.

Shooting 4 Fun-Seemed a little more functional for shooting with a bi-pod. I like the look of the wood stock but don't care for the faux wood handguard. Thought I could find a black handguard that would match pretty well.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for a while. It did not work for my intended use for the rifle, so I sold it. The main reason I didn't like it was because it was too heavy. It turned my 8.5 lb. rifle into a 11 or 12 lb. rifle. It did have some nice features though, such as the click-adjustable cheek rest, click-adjustable LOP, QD push button swivel sockets front and rear on both sides, sling studs front and rear on the bottom, and the underside picatinny rail with a slip-on cover. It is pretty comfortable to hold, too. One thing about this stock is that it is not a drop-in fit, as advertised... you have to file the "pads" where the trigger group touches the stock until it will lock up. However, this did allow me to remove just the right amount of material so that the trigger group locked up nice and tight. The rifle shot fine in it... not really noticeably better than in my SAI plastic stock though.

Like I said, it is heavy -- 2 or 3 pounds more than a GI wood or fiberglass stock. Weight-wise, it is in the neighborhood of a Sage or JAE. The weight might not bother you if your rifle is just a range toy and is only ever shot off the bench or bipod, or if you are some kind of cardio monster, but mine is a field rifle that I need to be able to hump out into the woods, so I had to pass. Luckily I was able to sell it for what I paid, since I got it when they were brand new and they were hard to get.

Certainly this stock doesn't give you the main benefit of a Sage or JAE, which is the tension bedding that gives you better accuracy, but it does give you the same ergonomic features, and of course it is about 1/3 the cost of those others.

Hope this helps.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I hear that. If you're after a pistol grip stock, the best one I've tried was the Vltor Modstock. It is cool since the whole stock is adjustable for height, and it is almost as light as a GI wood or fiberglass stock. It is on the costly side though... around $500. The McCann fiberglass stock is also nice and light -- as light as my SAI plastic stock -- but it's comb is too high for comfortable use of the iron sights, which is a no go for me.

Ultimately I just decided that none of the benefits of the other stocks are worth the cost and weight. I am back to using a simple lightweight plastic SAI stock. Some people don't like them (the traditionalists I guess, or NRA High Power competitors who want a really rigid stock for slinging up super tight with a glove and shooting jacket), but I think it is awesome for my purposes. It makes the M1A as light as any semi auto 7.62x51 out there, and I am not afraid to drill it for swivels or whatever else I want to mount, and I'm not afraid to rattle can it.