are godless kids doomed?...and other fun stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Are godless kids doomed? There's a substantial amount of good research on the topic, but this sociologist is making headlines: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0115-zuckerman-secular-parenting-20150115-story.html.

2. Also, the negative correlation between atheism and violent crime has been replicated all over the world (i.e., as the prevalence of atheism increases, the prevalence of violent crime decreases); so I'm curious if this may be a missing link in the debates regarding the relationship between prevalence of guns and prevalence of violent crime.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is only my personal opinion. I do not feel that godless children or adults are doomed, however I feel bad for them. It's unfortunate that religious extremists are willing to use violence to force "non-believers" to comply with their interpretations the holy book of their religion.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm a "religious extremist?" After all, my beliefs are that the Bible and its teachings are a "supreme" law. I've certainly been called a "Christian fundamentalist" before because of that, but my learning of religions seems to indicate that a Christian fundamentalist is different from the familiar Muslim fundamentalist.

As for godless children and adults, only God can make that determination. Now, if they are not living according to God's wishes, then maybe they will be doomed.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terry, I thought that if kids are under the "age of accountability", they go to Heaven regardless but I can't find a verse to back that up.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I just found something about when David knocked up Bathsheba, God says he'll take the child, etc. After the child dies, David stops mourning and when they ask him why he stopped, David says, "why should I mourn, I will go to him but he will not return to me." I suppose that's implying that wee babies go to Heaven.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terry, I thought that if kids are under the "age of accountability", they go to Heaven regardless but I can't find a verse to back that up.
that is what I have always believed but haven't ever seen it in the bible. I can't imagine God not taking an innocent child. If God won't do that we are all doomed. But I believe God the alpha and the omega and has authority over all that has been created. I have been mocked for being a Christian and I am sure it will happen again in my lifetime. I am not condemning someone who is not a Christian because only God knows who will enter heaven. But I believe if you are not following Christ's teachings you will not be shown mercy. And you actually have to be a real Christian, not one who just says they are but hasn't followed the guides to becoming one. Now of course you can follow and make mistakes. Lord knows I do every day. I just pray I will have done enough when it's my time. And I also pray I have been the influence to my son I should be.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is interesting....

what about unborn aborted children? Their brains are likely not able to comprehend the idea of a god, nor do they have the chance to learn the idea from parents and the church. Basically they are atheists...

your move

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting....

what about unborn aborted children? Their brains are likely not able to comprehend the idea of a god, nor do they have the chance to learn the idea from parents and the church. Basically they are atheists...

your move

You can say the same about birthed babies and apparently they go to Heaven, so there ya go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom