Are we required to disclose a firearm at a suspicionless DHS internal checkpoint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm ashamed! On a 2nd Amendment thread, on a gun forum in Oklahoma, my fellow Oklahoman's support submission to unconstitutional obedience training by a powerful central government, intent on stripping our Constitutional rights, little by little.

We gladly hand our wives and children over to TSA perverts at the airport to have naked pictures taken with radiation machines, strip-searched, groped and molested. To feel safe from a terrorist, we support NDAA, allowing indefinite detainment, torture and assassination of American citizens, without any due process at all. We support legislators who keep us safe, but take our 4th Amendment rights with the Patriot act and accept warrantless search and seizure and the loss of all expectation of privacy in our own home. We like the feeling of safety when our legislators pass things like the Enemy Expatriation Act, which will allow the central government to simply strip any American of his citizenship for any reason and again without any lawyer, or trial.

I included the little video from https://www.checkpointusa.org/ thinking that my fellow Oklahomans would feel outrage that we are now being stopped on the middle of a highway for questioning and inspection, but the our submission training must be going very well, since few seem to understand the implication of these illegal detainments. Do you really believe that border patrol would let the man in the video go, after refusing to answer a single question, if it were really legal for them to do so?

God help us all. We deserve what we get.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are lots of videos on youtube where they "bait" the police and try to get a reaction. Then they post it on youtube like they've won the war against "the man" when all they've done is make the job for the officer more difficult. And then they start griping about "how their rights were violated".

The officers are out there risking their lives, working with the training they have and the orders they have been given. These clowns expect them to be legal experts and robot like perfectionists and it's just not going to happen. If you push enough buttons, sooner or later you're going to get a reaction you may not like. I agree that officers need all the training they can get, but you can't train all the time. Some of that time has to be spent working and people like the one who made that video is what they have to work with.

If you look at the CLEET website, there are constantly job postings for officers across the state. In the academy they tell you that most of the class will move on to something else after one year. Very few of the cities smaller than Okc or Tulsa keep officers very long. Officers get tired of the job we are paying them to do because of people like this, low benefits and pay.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are lots of videos on youtube where they "bait" the police and try to get a reaction. Then they post it on youtube like they've won the war against "the man" when all they've done is make the job for the officer more difficult. And then they start griping about "how their rights were violated".

The officers are out there risking their lives, working with the training they have and the orders they have been given. These clowns expect them to be legal experts and robot like perfectionists and it's just not going to happen. If you push enough buttons, sooner or later you're going to get a reaction you may not like. I agree that officers need all the training they can get, but you can't train all the time. Some of that time has to be spent working and people like the one who made that video is what they have to work with.

If you look at the CLEET website, there are constantly job postings for officers across the state. In the academy they tell you that most of the class will move on to something else after one year. Very few of the cities smaller than Okc or Tulsa keep officers very long. Officers get tired of the job we are paying them to do because of people like this, low benefits and pay.

How about when their job is illegal and violates our Constitutional rights? Read the Bill of Rights for the first time in your lives and you will find that there are 9 other Amendments besides the Second. How long do y'all think we'll keep what remains of the 2nd, when the Patriot Act stripped us of our 4th Amendment, the NDAA stripped us of our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Amendments, starting this year. SOPA/PIPA WILL return and what remains of our First Amendment will be strictly controlled. The Enemy Expatriation Act will allow them to strip our citizenship. The Second Amendment is nibbled away every day and we have to pay fees and get permission for privileges to exercise what once was a right.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TX requires no CCW for carrying in your car. These checkpoints are becoming more commonplace but in my experience anyone that doesn't have a tan is waved through pretty quickly.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about when their job is illegal and violates our Constitutional rights? Read the Bill of Rights for the first time in your lives and you will find that there are 9 other Amendments besides the Second. How long do y'all think we'll keep what remains of the 2nd, when the Patriot Act stripped us of our 4th Amendment, the NDAA stripped us of our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Amendments, starting this year. SOPA/PIPA WILL return and what remains of our First Amendment will be strictly controlled. The Enemy Expatriation Act will allow them to strip our citizenship. The Second Amendment is nibbled away every day and we have to pay fees and get permission for privileges to exercise what once was a right.

The place to make changes is with the people who make the laws, not the ones at the lowest level who enforce it. All they know is what they're trained and told to do. It all rolls downhill. If you want things to change, start at the top.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a pretty brash statement for someone who has 9 posts. You asked the question on whether we had to disclose at a checkpoint, not get into the political Ron Paul bandwagon. Laws are Laws whether you like them or not. Don't bag on someone who is enforcing the laws that they did not make, take that to Oklahoma City, or Washington. If you don't like the laws and the freedoms you have, move. I am sure Canada or Mexico will let you be as free as you want.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The place to make changes is with the people who make the laws, not the ones at the lowest level who enforce it. All they know is what they're trained and told to do. It all rolls downhill. If you want things to change, start at the top.

Yeah, the top is a good place to start, but I ain't invited to the establishment elitists offices and they don't particularly care to hear from the unwashed masses. When my Constitutional rights are seized by a tyrannical government out of control, I'm going to be difficult any time I can. When people tell me I should just cooperate and submit to an interrogation on the highway in a suspicionless roadblock to make their job easier, I'm not on board. They took the oath to defend the Constitution from enemies, both foreign and domestic. Most people don't have a clue what the Bill of Rights says, or like so many others, just don't care. When I see people from Oklahoma, in a gun forum discussing the Second Amendment accepting and defending DHS border patrol conducting roving roadblocks, questioning American citizens far from any border, I feel disgusted. How does anyone expect to keep our Second Amendment rights, when we have lost all the rest?

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is a pretty brash statement for someone who has 9 posts. You asked the question on whether we had to disclose at a checkpoint, not get into the political Ron Paul bandwagon. Laws are Laws whether you like them or not. Don't bag on someone who is enforcing the laws that they did not make, take that to Oklahoma City, or Washington. If you don't like the laws and the freedoms you have, move. I am sure Canada or Mexico will let you be as free as you want.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize my post count diminished my 1st Amendment rights. I never mentioned Ron Paul. Do complaints of serious loss of freedom and liberty and a love of our Constitution make me a Paulie?

I still want to know if I am required to waive my 5th amendment rights in a random border patrol checkpoint? What law says I need to inform a border patrol agent far from any border, who has detained me without any suspicion, if I am carrying a firearm, whether or not I have a permission slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom