Are you in favor of legalizing the sale and trade of wild game and game fish in the United States of America nationwide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to eat something similar to a dove shoot a pigeon. Pretty dang close to dove, probably no regs on them as there are dove.
I was also thinking about shooting Eurasian collared doves with an air gun since they are an invasive non-game species and have more meat on them than mournings. But the Gestapo laws in Lawton are anal against even old-fashioned BB gun fun. They don't allow discharging BB guns, or even slingshots, in public areas and in private areas within the city limits in most cases. In the 1970's we shot BB guns as kids in our private backyards even in the city limits of California towns. Might some nearby farmer allow me to come onto his property with a BB gun to relieve him of those pesky Eurasians?

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting a sitting dove off a wire or a fence with a single-projectile weapon like a pellet gun is rather challenging and sporting. Is it more sporting to shoot a deer running than still? You know how hard it is to take a dove on the wing with a scattergun. Imagine trying to take a dove on the wing with a BB gun! I'm now thinking of going after those pesky unprotected Eurasian collared doves that are actually more meaty than the precious Gestapo-protected migratory mourning dove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom