Ares armory granted restraining order against ATF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've seen and read the lowers were manufactured in a two step process. The outer shell is molded around the insert that is to be milled out to complete the lower. Since the insert is the first part Ares feels that they are within the letter of the law.

Personally, I think that Ares process is ingenious, but not within the intent of the law.

The irony of this whole thing is that people who have bought 20-50 serialized receivers in the last year aren't the least bit worried about the ATF coming to their door.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing is ares is not the only company that sells these... Did the other companies quietly say yes to handing over the info? Ares seems to be the only one making a stink.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've seen and read the lowers were manufactured in a two step process. The outer shell is molded around the insert that is to be milled out to complete the lower. Since the insert is the first part Ares feels that they are within the letter of the law.

Personally, I think that Ares process is ingenious, but not within the intent of the law.

The irony of this whole thing is that people who have bought 20-50 serialized receivers in the last year aren't the least bit worried about the ATF coming to their door.

Better to blend in with the millions of other rifle buyers than make a break for it and stand out from the crowd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom